What is ALAN?
Designed to help young adults build solid skills for the future, ALAN literacy and numeracy qualifications:
- enable students to build solid skills in literacy and numeracy that will help them in their study of other subjects – or in preparing for Level 2 qualifications
- are equivalent to an International GCSE in terms of UK SCAAT points
- enable gifted and talented Year 9 students to achieve a recognised qualification ahead of their International GCSEs
- increase student motivation, with immediate feedback provided on results and performance
- feature onscreen and on-demand tests, allowing students to take the test when they’re ready.
For more information on the qualification structure and testing, or to download free practice tests, visit the ALAN UK web pages.
Please note: ALAN qualifications in international centres are available at Levels 1 and 2, and can be taken as onscreen tests only. Registration and testing procedures for ALAN qualifications are the same for international centres as for UK centres.