More about International GCSEs from 2009
We’re always striving to provide students and teachers with the most modern and relevant qualifications. That’s why our International GCSEs have been developed by subject specialists and are reviewed regularly to ensure that the content is appropriate. Many of our International GCSE subjects have specific international elements to make the specifications relevant to students worldwide.
We have a wide range of resources and support materials available for our International GCSE, including our Subject Advisor service, online subject communities, sample assessment materials, teachers’ resources, mark schemes and dedicated, comprehensive published resources.
What are International GCSEs?
Edexcel International GCSEs are academic qualifications aimed at learners aged 14-16. They are a variant on the UK General Certificate of Secondary Education (GCSE) developed for international use, and are the main requirement for progression to level 3 studies.
International GCSEs are linear qualifications, meaning that students take all of the exams at the end of the course. They are available at level 1 (grades D-G) and level 2 (grades A*-C).
Why offer Edexcel International GCSEs?
• They prepare young people for level 3 study, whether they want to continue on the academic track or switch to vocational study.
• They give learners many opportunities for progression internationally.
• They provide an extra point of differentiation for learners hoping to go to university.
Benefits of Edexcel International GCSEs for teachers
• More flexibility with course content: International GCSEs allow you to incorporate local content into the specification, making the course more relevant and engaging for learners.
• Access to analytical and diagnostic tools: Our exclusive ePen and ResultsPlus technology enable you to assess learners’ performance in order to address areas of weakness and help them to improve.
• Access to our Subject Advisors: We have key experts in each subject area on hand to answer your subject-specific questions.
• Unbeaten support: We’re committed to providing straightforward guidance to support you in your day-to-day teaching through many of our support services. Find out more about our teacher support services.
Benefits of Edexcel International GCSE for students
• Broad progression opportunities: On successful completion of these qualifications, students can choose to further their study by taking GCE AS and A levels or other equivalent qualifications such as our BTEC Nationals or the Edexcel International Diploma.
• Internationally recognised: Our International GCSEs allow students to apply to study and work across the world. Recognised as equivalent, grade for grade, to a UK GCSE, they have the same status in terms of university entry requirements.
• Superb student support: We offer our students a wide range of resources and support to assist them during their studies. They can access past papers and exam timetables, get exams advice and request their own replacement certificates. They can also comment on our blogs, share a query on Twitter or ask us a question on Facebook! To find out more, visit our student pages.