Unit 1: Understanding Prose
Study of two prose texts:
• one text from the Literary Heritage
Literary Heritage texts
Pride and Prejudice – Jane AustenGreat Expectations – Charles DickensThe Hound of the Baskervilles – Sir Arthur Conan DoyleAnimal Farm – George OrwellDr Jekyll and Mr Hyde – Robert Louis StevensonFelicia's Journey – William Trevor
Anita and Me – Meera SyalOf Mice and Men – John SteinbeckBalzac and the Little Chinese Seamstress – Dai SijieTo Kill a Mockingbird – Harper LeeRani and Sukh – Bali RaiHeroes – Robert CormierRiding the Black Cockatoo – John Danalis
Unit 2: Understanding Poetry
• Study of own choice of poems to engage students' interest in poetry
• Study of one collection of 15 poems from a choice of four collections in the Edexcel Poetry Anthology
• Developing skills in analysing style, language, structure and form.
Poetry themes in anthology
Somewhere, AnywhereClashes and CollisionsRelationshipsTaking a Stand
Unit 3: Shakespeare and Contemporary Drama
• Study on page and stage or screen of:
- one Shakespeare play of own choice- one Contemporary Drama text of own choice
• Developing skills in reading and responding to drama texts
• Developing skills in analysing the writers' craft.
Sign up for email alerts using your Edexcel Online account details and you’ll receive an email whenever new documents or notices are added to this page – ensuring you don’t miss any vital updates.