Our single sign-up process gives you support when you need it, while making the most of your budget
Our single sign-up process to support GCSE and BTEC Links is available for another year.
Usually you’re required to register BTEC students by 1 November to avoid late fees. If you register students later, it can be hard for us to know what level of support you need and make you aware of the support available – especially if you’re running GCSE and BTEC together in one curriculum. This can be a problem if you don’t know for sure whether a student will suit the vocational or academic route.
This is where single sign-up will help. By registering for this process, you’ll:
- receive the support suited to your combination of BTEC and GCSE students at the time you need it
- reduce the risk of late fees, because you can register students for BTEC late in Key Stage 4.
How does it work?
- Exams officers register your centre for single sign-up by 1 November 2012
- Register the individual candidates that you're sure are right for both QCF BTEC Level 2 Applied Science or the new NQF BTEC Applied Science Principles of Applied Science Award by 1 November 2012 and make sure that your centre follows the BTEC quality assurance requirements
- Enter candidates for our GCSE science units in the November, March and June sessions, as normal
- When candidates switch from GCSE to BTEC, you can register them for either QCF or the new NQF BTEC Level 2 Applied Science at any time during the academic year and no late fees will be payable. Remember to register by 21 March 2013* to ensure that certificates can be issued that year.
New to Edexcel?
If you’re new to Edexcel and want to learn more about how to register students for BTEC or our new GCSEs, please email the Science Subject Advisor or call our Subject Advisor Team on 0844 576 0037.
* The last registration date for QCF BTECs is 31 December 2012.